2016/01/20

My Favorite Storybooks. Storybooks Favorites

Secret life of Titans. This storybook was awesome. The title is clear. Titans are from Greek mythology. Giants are from Germanic mythology. Therefore, this is abut titans who are from Greek mythology. Introduction of this Storybook is clear. In fact, with Family Tree provided, it is more clear to see and easier to understand which Titans are referred as 'boys' by Clymene. Design is beautiful. Simple layout with interesting background images. For each Titan, images of that Titan is provided and I loved the Italicizing letters of this Storybook.

Sky Warriors: Great Title. Even without knowing which mythology it is, the title 'Sky Warriors' just attracted my attention and made me want to read this Storybook. Although it is hard to guess what the story is about, it is definitely one of the title that caught my eyes. Introduction is pretty interesting as well. Instead of background story or talking about the character, it has the link that directed me to the first round or part of the stories. What a wonderful navigation. It made me feel like as if I was playing a game. This introduction really made me want to read this Storybook. Design is great as well. It is simple. No background images but it is easier to observe. 
(Winged Serpent from Storybook.  Strange Lands.)

Ancient Chinese Fairy Tales - Clear title. Unlike other two Storybooks that I picked. This title just told me what this Storybook is about. It is not as interesting as Sky Warriors, but since it is straightforward, it still attracted my attention. Introduction surely made me want to read the stories. Using personal experience, it made me curious  about the fairy tales that are going to be discussed. Moreover, Introduction of this Storybook has great explanation of the stories. Design is what I love the most. Chinese letters were used with translated English right next to them. Because the stories are about Chinese fairy tales, using Chinese letters all over the web-page was just a brilliant idea. 
(Tin Hau Temple in Hong Kong That was shown in the Storybook)



1 comment:

  1. This is an interesting set of storybooks. They are also storybooks that really appeal to me since they have to do with fantasy settings.
    I agree with you on the sky warrior storybook. Even without knowing anything about it, that title makes me want to take a closer look at the storybook to see what the sky warriors are all about.

    ReplyDelete