2016/01/21

Learning challenges

The most interesting and most important learning challenge is Time. Time management. This is very important. Because I usually do not deal with Time that efficiently. I am a student who usually procrastinate. I am not proud of being a procrastinator but I have to admit that I usually wait until the things are due. However, I have been working on time management recently. I failed one of the classes because I failed my time management. I have learned that no procrastination will be any helpful in my life so I have been working on it. However, I am still not good with this time management, so I would love to learn more about it. The only good advice that I am qualified to give out is do not procrastinate for any reason. I am not the master of time management but I have learned my lesson and that lesson is 'never procrastinate.'


(Time! Blog. Source)


Other learning challenge that I am interested is reading. This class is mostly about reading. Other classes, even scientific classes, are mostly about reading as well. If I do not read, I do not understand what is going on with class, and I will not succeed in any of the classes. Reading is not only important for classes but also important in life. Reading a book will grant people new experience that they have never had. For that reason, I like to read a book. Although it is usually a novel, I like to read it because it shows me another society, world, and life. Since reading is both interesting and important in life, I would need to learn more about it through this learning challenges. I need to read not just because, but with purpose! Also the problem with mine is that if it is not interesting for myself or if I feel lazy, I do not read carefully and miss some important information.  From the experience, the best way to get myself to read is to find something fun about it. Sometimes reading can be boring especially when you are not interested, but if you have to read then make yourself entertained.

(Reading. Books by Areta)

4 comments:

  1. I too wrote about time management and reading as two of the biggest challenges I needed to work on. I liked how you said you are guilty of reading without purpose, and I too am guilty of that. I also think it's great that you were upfront about sometimes being a procrastinator. I believe realizing you are doing it is one of the first steps to stop the problem. Here's to hoping we become prompt students and better readers this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, we are very similar when it comes to learning challenges. I used that exact same image because I thought it was really cute. I also need to focus on time management more than any other part of heart. I think it's just part of being a college student. I don't procrastinate on other parts of my life, such as work of bills etc. I only do it with classwork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think everyone struggles with time management. Not procrastinating doesn't seem like such a hard thing to do but it feels impossible sometimes. It's really hard for me to not procrastinate. Sometimes I will start the week being really efficient but then I'll get burnt out and then do absolutely nothing for the rest of the week. It's a really bad habit that I work on everyday too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Fred--I can totally relate to you about struggling with time management. I find myself procrastinating all the time and I don't even mean to! I know that procrastinating isn't good though because you can often underestimate how long it will take you to complete an assignment!
    I also agree with you that it is extremely important to read and make sure that you are truly understanding the material that you are reading. I have often found that it helps when I take notes when I read something for one of my classes so I will have something to refer to in the future.

    ReplyDelete