2016/01/20

My choice of stories. Overview of UnTextbook for Week 2

King Arthur - He is well known all over the world. But his name is only familiar to me, no story was told to me. Therefore, I am really interested.


Homer's odyssey! - I have always been interested in Greek Mythology! Odyssey is one of my favorite Greek characters but I do not know much about his story. I would love to read about this.


Homer's Iliad - I have heard a word "Trojan horse"  I would like to read myth about Trojan war as well.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is super, Fred: it looks like you are interested in hero legends, is that right? King Arthur, Odysseus, and Achilles are famous heroes, and you will find lots of other heroes in the UnTextbook. For Weeks 2 and 3, do the Iliad first in Week 2 and then the Odyssey in Week 3... they are actually both part of the same big story: the Iliad is about the war between the Greeks and the Trojans, and then the Odyssey is about the adventures of the hero Odysseus on his way home after the war. I hope you will enjoy them: that will make a really great introduction to Greek myths for the beginning of your semester!

    ReplyDelete