2016/04/19

Week 13 Reading Diary

I have read Jacob for this week's reading. From the first part of the reading I really enjoyed The Language of Animals. Here are some parts that I really enjoyed.

"Well I must say," said the father, "that does not seem much for three years' schooling. But let us see if you have learnt your lessons properly. What does that bird say just above our heads in the tree there?"

This is one of father's line. He never trusted his son's words of Jack understanding the animal's language. Jack told the truth, and his father started to hated Jack. This was his words.

"Then the boy said, "The bird kept on saying as clear as could be, 'The time is not so far away when Jack's father will offer him water on bended knees for him to wash his hands, and his mother shall offer him a towel to wipe them with.'"

I think the father's hatred came from his arrogant. His pride probably did not allow him to understand what Jack was saying. That is why he did such a request to bandit.

Jack lived because Bandit told him a truth. Over some adventures he had, he eventually became a Pope.

"Now this was, in those days, a great honour, and people wondered why Jack's father and mother should be so honoured. But after Jack's father had offered him the basin of water and his mother the towel, Jack said to them, "Do you not know me, mother? Do you not know me, father?" and made himself known to them and reminded his father of what the bird had said. So he forgave his father and took him and his mother to live with him ever afterwards."


He eventually became what a bird told me so. I think it was interesting story.



Bibilography : The Language of Animals from Europa's Fairy Book by Joseph Jacobs and illustrated by John Batten

No comments:

Post a Comment