2016/04/06

Week 11 Reading Diary - King Arthur


I really enjoyed the second part of this tale as well. Overall, this reading was very interesting and fun to read. The most interesting story of this second part of the tale was The end of Arthur.

"'Alas!' said the King, 'My time flieth fast. Therefore, Sir Bedivere, cease moaning and weeping, and take Excalibur, my good sword, and go with it to yonder water side, and when thou comest there, I charge thee, throw my sword in that water, and come again and tell me what thou hast seen.'"

I really enjoyed the battle but I think it was more interesting to read about how he died. From the paragraph above, I think it was interesting how words are so unfamiliar to me. Moreover, I think it was interesting how a king Arthur wanted to return his Excalibur to the lake because he obtained the sword from the lady of the lake.

The most interesting part about Arthur's death was returning Excalibur. Arthur wanted to return Excalibur to the lady of the lake.

"My lord,' answered Sir Bedivere, 'your commandment shall be done,' and he departed. But when he looked at that noble sword, and beheld the jewels and gold that covered the pommel and hilt, he said to himself, 'If I throw this rich sword into the water no good will come of it, but only harm and loss,' so he hid Excalibur under a tree, and returned unto the King, and told him his bidding was done. 'What did you see there?' asked the King. 'Sir,' answered Sir Bedivere, 'I saw nothing but the winds and waves.' 'You have not dealt truly with me,' said the King. 'Go back, and do my command; spare not, but throw it in.' But again Sir Bedivere's heart failed him, and he hid the sword and returned to tell the King he had seen nothing but the wan water."

I think this may be related to the power of Excalibur. Arthur could not die because of the power of Excalibur that is why he wanted to return the sword so he can rest in peace. This is my assumption so I would like to write everything about the sword Excalibur for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment