2016/02/07

The story of monsters

Topic: A topic for a storybook will be focused on the monsters in Greek mythology. For this storybook, not only a bad monster will be discussed, but also a good monster or beast will be also focused. The two monsters that will be used to represent good and bad, will be Chiron and Sirens respectively. A story of Chiron will be a story that I want to use in order to talk about a good monster or beast. A story of Siren from Odyssey will be focused as an example of bad or evil monsters. There will be more monsters to talk about, but Chiron and Sirens will be the primary focus of storybook to talk about monsters from Greek mythology.

Bibliography: The story of Chiron, from Kheiron by theoi.com. and for a story of Siren, will be from Homer's Odyssey by Tony Kline.

Possible Style 1 - Bedtime Story: this style attracted my attention the most. This will be the most interesting style if I am trying to use original characters from Greek mythology in order to talk about a story. I will use a original character who is related to Chiron as a storyteller and use a new character as a listener. A possible character will be a hero who were trained by Chiron, such as Hercules, and a listener would the young generation such as his grandson or son.

Possible Style 2 - Immortal among us: I want to use this style for Siren. Imagine if Sirens are still exist in somewhere in the sea. I want to write what would happen if Sirens were real and they still exist. I want to create a story of people who sail through a sea. They will be facing Sirens while sailing in my story. What would happen? I want to write about this.

Possible Style 3 - Breaking news: Chiron was such a popular character. His actions of teaching heroes could be retold with this style. This style can be used for Sirens as well. The story will be reformed in the most interesting way to talk about the great actions of Chiron and results from his actions and Sirens evil actions and results. Good news and Bad news will be retold for both.

Possible Style 4 - Therapy Session: This story telling can be used for victims of Sirens. Imagine people who were lured by Sirens, but still alive. Some of them could have escaped from Siren. The story will be focused on new characters that are the victims of Sirens and a new character will be used as a therapist to talk about the story of Sirens.



1 comment:

  1. Hey there, Hyo!

    I'm glad I stopped by to read your blog post. I didn't see the label, but after reading your post, I'm confident that this is your reading diary. I point that out because I think its a positive attribute if a writer can write a piece, and the reader is able to know which category it falls into from the contents. I like how you broke it down into a few styles you would consider writing your feature piece in. I'm excited to read any of them but mostly the bedtime story line because it will be interesting to see how you turn the original story into something that can be easily understood by a child. Great job! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete